Diversity and Inclusion
GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. We want to build a workforce that truly represents the communities we work in, ensuring all our employees feel comfortable to express their own identity.
What does D&I mean to us at GLF Schools?
"We recognise that Diversity and Inclusion needs to be at the heart of what we do and embedded in our culture and values, our staff, our CPD, our curriculum and our pedagogy and practice.
There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging.
We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools."
Jon Chaloner, CEO, GLF Schools
GLF Schools' Commitment
- Promoting equality of opportunity will better enable staff, children and students to reach their full potential
- That employees, children and students should feel able to express their own identity
- To acknowledge and celebrate the breadth of experience and intellectual resources that people from diverse backgrounds bring to the life of GLF Schools
- Providing mandatory training that will raise awareness and enable individuals to be equipped to undertake action that will support the trust to be culturally diverse
GLF Schools' Strategy and Aims
GLF Schools’ D&I 5-year strategy has been launched to strengthen, deepen and sustain D&I across our Trust. We want to nurture a culture which values and embraces differences and supports inclusivity and belonging for all, making GLF Schools a great place to work and enabling colleagues to be themselves and perform at their best.
This year our D&I strategy focus is on developing and deepening our inclusive culture by:
- Rolling out unconscious bias/conscious inclusion training to all staff
- Setting up a termly reference group to build effective staff voice
- Setting up employee-led staff network groups to reflect our workforce, enabling colleagues to join these groups as a member or an ally
- Celebrating cultural diversity with key calendar dates throughout the year, such as PRIDE, International Women’s Day, Black History Month and Race Equality week.
Support and Leadership
Our D&I strategy is supported at every level from the Trust Board, Executive Team and Steering Group through to leaders and all staff taking accountability to support and embed D&I across GLF Schools.
We are working with The Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) to continually measure and evaluate our approach and outcomes across eight different areas of D&I practice.
We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.