- GLF Schools' Foundation
- About the Foundation
- Why is there a need for the Foundation?
Why is there a need for the Foundation?
We want to provide more opportunities for all our children and young people, particularly those who are disadvantaged.
- 1 in 4 children live in poverty in the UK, a situation which is worsening
- These disadvantaged children have limited access to opportunities and experiences, therefore reducing their chances of developing essential skills
- Due to Covid-19 it has been proven that those disadvantaged have found it more difficult to be active during the pandemic
- The financial pressures on many families have been increased, meaning extra-curricular activities have had to be reduced
With your support GLF Schools’ Foundation can:
- Level the playing field for disadvantaged students in this challenging time
- Positively impact mental health and well-being through access to enjoyable activities
- Provide exposure for routes to success for all students to improve motivation and achieve within schools
- Promote the importance of community engagement and cohesion through opportunities and partnerships
“We aim to raise enough money to ensure that all students have the opportunity to experience the benefits of being active no matter their socio-economic background.”
GLF Schools’ Foundation