Higher Level Teaching Assistant Training 2024
GLF Schools' deliver the HLTA course alongside Strictly Education, the assessment body for the HLTA Program in London and Southeast England.
The program is delivered remotely. Each course consists of 7 sessions and a school-based assessment.
The dates of our courses for 2024 are shown below. You can download the HLTA application form via the link below.
The benefits of HLTA accredited status:
• Empower the HLTA to support the school in their own setting
• Ensure the Teaching Assistant receives accreditation of HLTA status
• Continuous improvement to support staff development
The HLTA assessment is measured against the 33 National Standards for Teaching Assistants and enables schools to ensure their applicants have received accreditation of the status through independent assessment against these. The current success rate is 98%.
During the seven sessions, candidates will:
• Develop an understanding of the HLTA process and the overall expectations
• Map role in school to standards and identify gaps
• Understand what is meant by advancing the learning of individuals, groups, and whole classes in the context of HLTA status
• Understand how to complete the HLTA assignments
• Begin to complete a draft assignment under guidance
• Plan for the school assessment
Strictly Education are part of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP). HLTA status can only be awarded through the HLTA National Assessment Partnership. Strictly Education are the assessment partner for the HLTA courses delivered by GLF Schools. Further information about our assessment partner can be found by visiting the Strictly Education website.
All applicants must:
• Obtain and be able to provide evidence of Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE A*- C or 4 - 9 grade) Maths and English qualifications - Level 2 Qualifications Guidelines for HLTA Program
• Already be working at HLTA level supporting 1:1 activities and demonstrating group and whole class teaching (this needs to be endorsed by the Headteacher via a short reference on the application form).
• Be able to attend the seven training sessions and the school-based assessment
The cost of this course is £780 broken down as follows: £275.00 (£330.00 incl. VAT) for preparation and £450 (VAT exempt) for assessment provided by Strictly Education. Withdrawal from the program must be confirmed 7 working days in writing, prior to the start date, otherwise, a 50% cancellation fee will be incurred.