HLTA Accredited Status
GLF Schools delivers the HLTA course alongside Strictly Education 4S (the assessment body for the HLTA Programme in London and South East England).
This course is now delivered remotely and we are pleased to announce our course dates for the academic year 2021-2022.
All sessions run from 10:00-12:00
Starting January 2022
Starting March 2022
Starting May 2022
|Session 1||Monday 10 January||Monday 7 March||Monday 9 May|
|Session 2||Tuesday 11 January||Tuesday 8 March||Tuesday 10 May|
|Session 3||Monday 17 January||Monday 14 March||Monday 16 May|
|Session 4||Tuesday 18 January||Tuesday 15 March||Tuesday 17 May|
|Session 5||Monday 24 January||Monday 21 March||Monday 23 May|
|Session 6||Tuesday 25 January||Tuesday 22 March||Tuesday 24 May|
|Session 7||Monday 28 February||Tuesday 3 May||Monday 27 June|
The benefits of HLTA accredited status:
• Empower the HLTA to support the school in their own setting
• Ensure the Teaching Assistant receives accreditation of HLTA status
• Continuous improvement to support staff development
The HLTA assessment is measured against the 33 National Standards for Teaching Assistants and enables schools to ensure their applicants have received accreditation of the status through independent assessment against these. The current success rate is 98%.
During the seven sessions, candidates will:
• Develop an understanding of the HLTA process and the overall expectations
• Map role in school to standards and identify gaps
• Understand what is meant by advancing the learning of individuals, groups, and whole classes in the context of HLTA status
• Understand how to complete the HLTA assignments
• Begin to complete a draft assignment under guidance
• Plan for the school assessment
All applicants must:
• Obtain and be able to provide evidence of Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE A*- C grade) Maths and English qualifications - Level 2 Qualifications Guidelines for HLTA Program
• Already be working at HLTA level supporting 1:1 activities and demonstrating group and whole class teaching (this needs to be endorsed by the Headteacher via a reference on the application form).
• Be able to attend the seven training sessions and the school-based assessment
The cost of this course is £748.80 broken down as follows: £249.00 (£298.80 incl. VAT) for preparation and £450 (VAT exempt) for assessment. Withdrawal from the programme must be confirmed 7 working days in writing, prior to the start date, otherwise a 50% cancellation fee will be incurred.